"Science in Action" with Paul Andersen
Participants will take away:
The focus of the workshop will be assessment and unit planning with the end goal of gaining a deeper understanding of 3 Dimensional teaching and learning.. Participants will gain valuable tools to assist in their transition to NYSSLS. Join like-minded teachers in the journey.
• Tools to engage students in the wonder of science.
• Understanding of the pedagogy involved in making the instructional shift to 3-D teaching and learning.
• Strategies to use the Science and Engineering Practices to drive instruction.
• Examples of formative and summative tasks to assess student understanding.
• Techniques and scaffolds to meet the needs of all students.
• Tools to implement three dimensional instruction in your classroom.
• An opportunity to collaborate with a working partnership.
Registration for this special program is available to you on the Conference Registration pages of our web site. It is available to individuals that have registered for the 123rd Annual STANYS Conference using the "Full Conference" option. Space is limited so don’t miss this opportunity. There is additional fee of $75 that includes lunch.
ABOUT PAUL ANDERSEN
Paul Andersen is an award winning, internationally recognized educator with 20 years of classroom experience, an educational consultant and You Tube creator.
He is best known for the hundreds of You Tube science tutorials that have been viewed millions of times by students around the world (www.bozemanscience.com).
Paul will be sharing his inspirational techniques as a professional development facilitator to help teachers move forward with the intent and a greater understanding of our new science standards.