One of the hallmarks of the STANYS annual conference is being able to network with representatives of companies and organizations that support educators and science education. Many do not realize that teachers do not often get the opportunity nor the time to engage with knowledgeable sales reps, organizational reps and others in regards to the ever changing framework of science and related resources. We are so pleased that you are considering submitting an application to participate in our conference, November 4-6, 2017.
Your participation in this year’s Annual Conference Exhibit will give our attendees an opportunity to learn about your company’s:
- Advancement of scientific products / technologies aligned with the NYSSLS
- Impact on the environment
- Educational programs/activities for K-12 science teachers and or students
- Scholarships for high school to attend summer science workshops / research programs
A banner advertisement can be placed on our NEW STANYS App for a fee.
NEW THIS YEAR
This year we are excited to include a Maker Space Area in the Exhibit Hall. Up to twenty-four attendees can be accommodated at each of our seven 50-minute Maker Space sessions. The deadline for a proposal for a Make and Take Activity has passed but plan for next year by visiting the Maker Space Area.
AGAIN THIS YEAR
A wine and cheese hour will be held in the exhibit hall on Saturday & Sunday 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Exhibit Hours and “Visit the Exhibits” is a choice in each session so participants will have a dedicated time to visit the exhibit hall.
Please read the safety guidelines here:
1. Presenters, exhibitors, and keynote speakers should seek permission from STANYS for open flames or other potentially dangerous or hazardous demonstrations.
2. All local safety laws should be enforced by STANYS at their Annual Conference and at Section meetings, conferences, and workshops.
3. The STANYS Safety Committee incorporates the above safety provisions in the materials give to presenters and exhibitors.